Second Presbyterian Church 1850
20th and Market Streets Wheeling WV 26003
From The Centre Market Square National Register of Historic Places Inventory

"The district began as an English and native American section which was sparsely settled as a residential area along with a few industries on the banks of Wheeling Creek. In 1848, the congregation of the Second Presbyterian Church moved south of the creek to the same location where their 1850 church stands today."

WVLY 1370 Radio Interview... Wheeling National Historic Area Corporation

Members of the Freedman's Association met at the Second Presbyterian Church in Wheeling, West Virginia according to a report in the Wheeling Intelligencer on February 6, 1865...
link to reference    image from 1865 Intelligencer

Moeller Organ 1914 replacing 1879 Johnson and Sons organ, which was moved to a church in Washngton D.C,
 M. P. Moller Opus 1830 installed 1914
replaced the 1872 Johnson & Son Opus 378 installation

2nd Presbyterian Silverware
Second Presbyterian Silverware

Woodwork Detail

altar steps
Steps to Altar Area

exposing 1800's tile floor
First View of 1800's tile floor

column and tin cieling
Column and Metal Cieling

Walking angel G.W Coffin Bell 1850
Casting Detail on G.W. Coffin Bell 1850